Saturday, October 01, 2005

say cheese!


The whole apartment reeks of cheese after a meal of cheese fondue.. but at least it doesn't stink as much as the stronger smelling cheeses. I've always liked cheesy stuff and France is the country well-known for its wide variety of cheeses. That said, I try to stay away from the cheeses here as most of them have a really strong, sharp odour. The French like their cheese 'raw' and it's eaten on a daily basis at the end of a meal. I prefer my cheese cooked and cheese fondue is the ultimate form of cuisine where you get the most cheesy goodness out of a meal. You'd melt for this even if you're not a great fan of cheese... I can personally vouch for that. Cheese fondue is a staple food during the cold season.. eaten with pieces of baguette, it's a simple yet complete meal in itself. The amount of fat consumed can be frightening though... but hey, bring on the fats.. it would keep me warm in this cold weather ;)

2 comments:

StimGam said...

what cheese u use? nak try kat sini ah. bawak balik cheese ah. in meantime, u tell me what cheese i go find.

GuerrierUrbain said...

nah...bring the original one from france...the smelly ones...an idea...how about some french kueh2 for hari raya...home-made ones hor...either made in france or in singapore but must be french recipe...