Thursday, December 27, 2007

post pregnancy

It has been exactly 2 weeks since I've given birth and I'm becoming more 'human' now as compared to the past weeks where I've been moving around like a zombie due to a major lack of sleep. I had my first deep slumber last weekend when the hubby graciously offered to do the 'night shifts' so I could have my much needed uninterrupted snooze. He did that the whole Christmas weekend.. merci, chéri!

Well things are slowly (but surely) taking shape now. I'm taking it easy and trying to rest as much as possible.. as many has advised. But it's easier said than done when you don't have anybody else around to help you out. My dear hubby has been a great source of many things since the very beginning and more so now than ever. He's been a great help in and out of the apartment and it's very kesian to see him running around like that. But we're managing things better day by day.

So how's motherhood like so far? Well, I'm enjoying every second of it.. just seeing the face of my little girl is enough to make my day. She's such a little darling.. she doesn't ask for much attention... cries mostly when she's hungry or in need of a clean nappy. Oh, she dislikes bathing time though.. and that's because of the cold. She'll scream once I stripped her down, calms down in the warm bath and scream again when she's out of the water. I have to be very agile and quick to keep her in the warmth. I did require hubby's help in the beginning but I can manage on my own now.

As a new mother, I wanted to experience how it's like to breastfeed but with the oral medication I'm taking, it's not possible to do so. We've discussed this matter with my doctors and they've decided that I should continue with my twice a day injections in order to be able to breastfeed. I had no problems with that.. I've been poked countless of times throughout the pregnancy, that another few more weeks or months of poking, won't make any difference. Hubby has been good at playing nurse.. most of the time, the injections went without a glitch, though sometimes he left a nice shade of purplish blue on my skin.. heh.

The only thing I miss about being pregnant is the privilege to feel the baby's movement in the tummy. But I do enjoy being pregnant as a whole since I had a smooth pregnancy. Having said that, I'm glad that the baby's out though cause I can finally sleep on my tummy again and on my back without any worries.. and also able to trim my toenails without any fancy manoeuvers.

The delivery itself went smoothly, Alhamdulillah. All the planning to induce me didn't materialize in the end. It was meant for things to come naturally and for me to give birth as naturally as possible. I've always considered myself to have a high threshold for pain and well, I do. So since things came naturally, I wasn't eligible for an epidural if I wanted it, due to the injection I had. Well in the end, it wasn't THAT bad after all. Holding that tiny baby in your arms is worth all the pain. Will I go through it all over again? - in a heartbeat :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's time for you to relax a lot now you've done this big work. Just... relax and don't hesitate to call me for all the things to do (laundry, cleaning, cooking, dishwashing, baby cares...). Now, it's my turn to do something for you!

Love,