Or paella, as it's widely known. Made my first paella for dinner today and it's actually easy to do than it looks.. although the preparation can take quite a while. It's the first time ever that I used saffron in my cooking which by the way, is the most expensive spice in the world. I followed the recipe to the tee and it didn't turn out as spicy as we'd like. Well I know next time to add more cayenne pepper than the recipe calls for. But it tastes good nonetheless. So there's red pepper, chorizo, chicken and prawns in it.. and rice, of course - a filling and complete meal. Maybe I'll try seafood paella the next time.
Friday, December 07, 2007
nasi goreng spanyol
Or paella, as it's widely known. Made my first paella for dinner today and it's actually easy to do than it looks.. although the preparation can take quite a while. It's the first time ever that I used saffron in my cooking which by the way, is the most expensive spice in the world. I followed the recipe to the tee and it didn't turn out as spicy as we'd like. Well I know next time to add more cayenne pepper than the recipe calls for. But it tastes good nonetheless. So there's red pepper, chorizo, chicken and prawns in it.. and rice, of course - a filling and complete meal. Maybe I'll try seafood paella the next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
To those who will read this entry... it's simply yummy!! Nothing is better than home made food (especially when it's Julie who cooks !!).
Post a Comment