Saturday, February 25, 2006

eat your greens

That's probably what most parents would repeatedly say to their kids during meals. I for one used to abhor veggies or anything that resembles it when I was a kid. I was willing to take the time to isolate any unsightly greens from a dish just so I could eat that plate of mee goreng or curry puffs. My mom told me that I wouldn't even taste it once it has been cooked to a pulp but when you hate it, you hate it right?

Fortunately, I've overcome that period of veggie-intolerance. Now I really enjoy eating my greens. I even have my house specialty which is salade niçoise and ratatouille.. and these two dishes hail from the Provence.

The salad is a meal in itself when eaten in large quantity as it consists of boiled potatoes, tomatoes, french beans, leafy greens, chunks of tuna, olives, hard-boiled eggs.. toss all of them together in a lovely vinaigrette dressing and voila, you have a healthy meal packed with all the good nutrients. Serve it in a handsome-looking saladier and it looks all the more appetizing.

Ratatouille is a vegetable stew make colourful by all the different ingredients.. and aubergine is one of them.. that's one vegetable that I don't normally eat but when cooked in a stew like that, it's a different matter.

Well any salad will taste good with the right dressing. So kids, eat your greens cause they're good for you.

2 comments:

StimGam said...

jangan macam ye ye lah makan sayur.. ni suma tak sihat.. tak akan jadi popeye punya.. ku telah diperdaya oleh tv!

GuerrierUrbain said...

wah...your header graphics very nice leh...how to do? how to do?