
Make that very cold air. When you step outside on a cold wintry day, you'll immediately notice a "cloud" forming in front of your face as you breathe. That's condensation taking place. When you breathe out, you are filling the air with water vapour. If the air is very cold, the vapour will turn into lots of tiny water droplets and your breath looks "steamy".
When I was much much younger, I was fascinated by the sight of those people on tv with their steamy breath. So I wanted to emulate that effect and what I did then was to put an ice cube in my mouth and shut it for a few seconds before blowing out clouds.. creative, I know.
Now I'm actually living in a place where I have the opportunity to experience the real thing. It's a privilege for a girl coming from the tropics to get to 'see' her own breath.

No comments:
Post a Comment