
It's amazing how the taste bud can adapt to certain food quicker than you can say eeuuurghh! That's what happened to me when it comes to those array of food in the photo. I've never eaten any of those prior to my arrival in France.. they were all foreign to me. I didn't take an immediate liking to any of them when they were first introduced to my taste bud but I became a fan soon after.
Escargot, asparagus, pickled gherkins, smoked salmon, olives.. they're eaten as an aperitif and/or entrance to a meal. I've always been adventurous when it comes to food and I belief in trying out 'new' food no matter how strange sounding or looking they might be, before passing judgement... else you never know what you might be missing.

3 comments:
I love smoke salmon (i ate the ones in coffee bean sandwiches)..and whatever kinda of salmon esp salmon sashimi (even raw ones). The taste really appeals to me and guess my tastebud can accept it.I guess when it comes to food, i'm adventurous too cos more often than not,we eat outside than at home. There's one food I would like to get my tastebud on-escargot. I wonder how it tastes like. Like fish roe??
alah.. macam tak pernah makan siput gitu lah my cousin ni.. the texture is kinda like tender squid.. escargots are usually accompanied with garlic butter parsley sauce.. and with a crunchy grilled baguette to mop up all the juicy goodness.
eyyy sounds good esp the garlic butter parsley sauce...it will be quite awhile before I can get to taste it,dunno where to get also..heard it's ex?
Post a Comment