Winter is officially here though the cold weather has been with us for weeks now but that just signals for colder days ahead. I'm all bundled up in wool neck to toe with a hot cuppa close by and I can still feel the chill. We're using electric heater in our apartment but the distribution of heat is not as consistent as those given out from chimneys. Raw flame is most welcome in this weather. I don't take to cold weather very well.. it's only normal since I'm a 'warm' person by nature :)
Well cold season has its pros and cons (more cons in my opinion). The pros - it doesn't make you sweat which renders no shower (if you so choose not to have one) and that'd make for infrequent need to change of clothes which then make for less laundry (oh we don't practice this by the way). On the other hand, this weather makes you pee a lot, dries up your skin, chaps your lips.. I've lost count on the number of lotion tubs I've exhausted to keep my skin supple and my lips never sleep without its evening dose of lip balm... but the cold does miracles to your hair.. and that's a plus. Apart from that, this weather casts a grey spell that can inadvertently play on your mood. Furthermore, it's a hassle to put on all those layers before you step foot outside... and before you can enter your car, you'll need to defrost it first when ice has formed on it overnight.
Well I can be adventurous when I want to but I think I'll skip North Pole altogether. Excuse me now while I take refuge under a thick blanket.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment