
Boys and girls, meet my new friend, Stepper.. equipped with a mini computer and it's movement resistance adjustable. From now on, I'm gonna get really intimate with my new friend. I've decided to inject some vigor into my otherwise sedentary lifestyle here at the moment. I'm not a sportive person.. never been one... and I don't wanna risk growing sideways by sitting around all day facing the computer screen. As it's too cold out to be doing any adrenaline-pumping activities right now, I've asked dear hubby to get me Stepper and believe you me, I'm not gonna let it gather cobwebs in some dark enclave of the apartment.. nooooo..... in fact, I've tried it out for 15 minutes and I can already feel the effect it's doing to my lower body... good Stepper and thank you my sweetie!

4 comments:
Well juls...it's good to hear that! As in any endeavour, if there are no targets set, cobwebs will soon form! First in the brain and then to the stuff around it...believe you me. So, in order not to get into the hangat-hanget tahi ayam situation, I present to you something tangible to aim for!
Firstly, you must know how hard you want your heart to work. Your maximum heartrate (beats per minute) is 220-Your Age so for you it should be 188. This is also known as HR(max).
Next there are basically 5 levels of target zones that one aims for when working out.
1 (very light) is 50-60% of your HR(max). This should last anywhere from 20-40mins. It's for increasing basic endurance and helps & speeds up recovery after heavier exercises. So unless one has a very fat ass and seldom moves about, one usually skips this level.
2 (light) is 60-70% of your HR(max). This should last anywhere from 40-80mins and it targets fat-burning. It increases metabolism & aerobic endurance. It also strengthens the body for higher intensity work. You should probably start with this.
3 (moderate) is 70-80$ of your HR(max). This should last from 10-40mins and helps increase aerobic fitness. It enhances aerobic power and improves blood circulation.
4 (hard) is 80-90% of your HR(max). This should last from 2-10mins and helps increase your lactate threshold. It also increases your anaerobic tolerance and improves high speed endurance.
5 (maximum) is 90-100% of your HR(max). This should last from 0-2mins and helps increase maximum performance capacity. It helps to tone the neuromuscular system and increases maximum sprint race speed. So unless you are gunning to break the current world 100m sprint, you will seldom have to go to level 5!
So there you are! Remember that you can apply this to ANY activity. For example, you could probably start off with level 2 on the stepper. Just make sure you maintain your target heartrate (HR) which in your case should be anywhere from 113 to 132 bpm (beats per minute) and maintain that HR for 40 to 80 minutes. 3 to 4 times a week should be ok. Take your weight before you start the whole thing so that you have something tangible to show motivate you! As in any exercise programme, consult a doctor before hitting the stepper if you think you have any underlying medical problems!
Oh, of course one has to watch one diet...no use hitting the stepper for 80minutes for 4 times a week and then pigging out on those chips and cookies and ice-cream!!!
Well...it's 0300hrs now...gotta get some other stuff done...
hmmm.. thanks for the advices, brudder!.. will surely take note of all the above.. but it won't be easy for me to resist 'the calling' from those junk food.. discipline, julie, discipline!
woohooo.. nanti jadi cam pantat j-lo sey.. muahahaha
Pantat j-lo takper...dah tu boleh lah berjoleh-joleh..hahaha(apa sey takder makna)
Dear cuzin, indeed I was torn to shreds when u left for the other side of the universe.Visiting exotic,nature-abundant countries are at the top my list though, but dont u worry, I ain't never gonna leave this beloved sin-chia-por.Maybe its not the most perfect country (weather and some people sucks, can I add) but hubby and I will always have a piece of mind walking down any streets here at ANY time of the day (or night for that matter). Apart from that, that's it..hahaha.
I guess, for me the grass is not always greener on the other side...
Nothing beats living in your own motherland...haaaaahh..
Post a Comment