I hope it's not too late to wish everybody a happy new year. Well of course not.. the year is relatively new.
It's the first month of the year, must at least put up an entry, no?
New year, resolutions abound.. first up - I resolute to at least update my blog once (or more) a month (no biggie, right?). I know I've sung to that tune before but what's said last year was old story and I plan to stick to the new one, heh. And then, I'd like to lead a healthier lifestyle, i.e. to break up more sweat than I did last year and keep a closer tab on what I stuff my face with - gonna try to water down this sweet tooth of mine. With a medical history on my back, I should take better care of my health. I'm happy to say though that I've been able to maintain my weight eversince it has dropped down to its pre-pregnancy 'lightness'.. all thanks to our little princess who keeps me moving around the house for her and after her. So what I'm aiming for in particular is the crux of every women - loose, wobbly flesh. Hence, I'm having a 'firmer-toner' mantra for this. (Anir, wanna pair up for some butt-clenching sessions?) And since your body will respond slower to physical changes with age, I will have to work doubly hard to achieve the desired result.
Another thing on the list to improve would be to brush up on my French. The hubby often said, "You see, you can speak French well if you want to", on those times when I felt like talking nasal-ly. Well I know that and I need to ace it on a technical level. I need to practice my French with different people. I should find some French friends here. So if you're French and happen to read this, est-ce que tu veux être mon ami?
Well I think I've laid out all my resolutions. 3 is a good number.. not too little, not too much.. just about round it up nicely.
Resolutions aside, we have a few things in the pipeline for this year. One of which is, to find a place to call our own. Things are settling down nicely for us here and soon, it'd be a year since we're back and now is a good time to start looking for our own nest. Frankly speaking, we miss having our own place and to mirror what Yati said, I can finally start cooking again. Sure I do cook for hubby - once in a long, long while. What I'm talking here is some serious cooking and there's nothing like cooking in your own kitchen, with your own cutlery and utensils ala ala Nigella's.
Well, it's gonna be a busy year for us, I guess. But what I wish for, most than anything else, is good health, that will see us through to our old age, insya'Allah.
Cheerios, people!

1 comment:
Dearest Sweetheart,
To start, let me thank you for updating your blog. It's always a great pleasure to read from you and to look at the beautiful pics of our family.
You took 3 good resolutions for this year. I'm impressed! Be sure I'll fully support you and will help you the best I can to give you more free time to achieve your goals. So don't hesitate to ask me for help to get some free time.
About your French improvement and connexion with French people, you can go to Alliance Francaise if you want.
It seems to me that the serious cooking would make a 4th resolution. :-)
I love your cooking!!
I'd also like to add that starting to take good care of our health from now on is a good initiative. I'll follow-your steps on this.
Sweet kisses
Post a Comment