Saturday, October 06, 2007

mari memasak

So I was complaining about how I miss the kuih Melayu in my previous post. Then I was thinking, stop whining and go get busy in the kitcen.. and got busy I did. Bought some keledek, mashed it around and voilà, my kuih keria is born! (terubat rinduku). That was I think, my second attempt at making this kuih. Wanted to make onde-onde but I ran out of gula melaka and chances of finding one here is as much as trying to find roquefort cheese in Geylang Serai.

For our main dish, I tried my hands at mee bandung, which was my first attempt and it turned out just fine. I wasn't sure how an authentic mee bandung tastes like so I had no past memory to compare mine with. Well as long as it's edible, palatable and hubby gives the thumbs up, I'm good. My next maiden dish will be seafood hor fun, which I like and am missing it as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok ok we'll go downtown in S'pore and you'll get all the meals you missed...promised! ;-)

I love the little 'donuts!!' with a cup of coffee...yum yum... stay some leftover?!

Love kisses,