Monday, October 01, 2007

ramadan chez nous

Ramadan here is not as exciting as in Singapore. No big fanfare, no bazaar or the likes.. no lampu kelap-kelip, no kecoh-kecoh. In short, there's none of those festivities atmosphere.. things are just like every other day... tak best.

The only hint of Ramadan you get here is when you see dates on display on the racks of the hypermarkets and also, arrays of middle eastern desserts titillating your tastebuds when you enter the halal store.

I saw a kuih Arab I know well and bought it for myself (hubby doesn't like it as these desserts are too sweet for his liking). Oh how I miss the kuih Melayu.. especially at these times..

what we had for berbuka

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So yummy!! You're definitely a 'chef'!! ...glad to be your husband who has the big chance to share all this yummy food with you!! 'Bravo!'