Friday, March 09, 2007

to read or not to read

I had the whole day to myself today. Hubby had to go for a meeting in Paris, so the time I usually spent on cooking was used to clear up some mess under the coffee table instead. While doing that, I digged up a couple of French novels that have been buried in there and long forgotten (they're courtesy of hubby's colleague). So I gingerly flipped open the first page and began reading. I'm already through the first chapter and it's pretty engaging - in a womanly storyline sorta way. But I guess I'd probably take slightly longer to finish the book as I have to look up for words that I don't know, although I do get the general gist of it.

Reading is all fine and good but the thing is, once I started on a novel, it's hard to put it down especially if it's a really captivating one. Then everything else around me gets abandoned.. yes, including hubby (sorry, dear!). Well lets see if my French will improve 'remarkably' by the end of the novels.. speaking of which, I should really finish reading up on the French language book that I've acquired when I first came here.. it's been sitting idle way too long. Time to give it some attention.. while I'm in the mood for it... vas-y Julie, lis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...to read of course!!! ;-)

Courage,Sweetheart!