Monday, December 11, 2006

julie's coiffure

The time has come for me to get into scissorhands mode. Hubby was starting to look like he's walking with a wilderness sprouting from his head and me no like. So our living room was temporarily transformed into an impromptu hair salon just now and I snipped and shaved my way into the bushy mass with deft manoeuvre of a professional.. steady lah.

Eversince we bought this hair clipping gadget, I've been the resident stylist for Monsieur and I've perfected my skill along the way. I actually enjoy cutting his hair, though not particularly the aftermath of cleaning up and seeing the annoying bits of cut hair that got lodged in the weaves of the clothes. So to minimize that eventuality, I've asked hubby to strip down to his bare essentials and since we don't have the kinda cape they use in the salons to wrap around you, I've improvised and used the less chic but very reliable trash bag.. it's an excellent way to avoid the cut hair from being scattered everywhere as the trash bag acts like a magnet and make the loose hair stick to it. Sure, hubby refused to be wrapped in a trash bag at first but men should know better than to argue with their wives, especially one with scissor and blade in her hands ;) Now, how many women get to claim that they've put their husbands in the trash bag?.. heh. Well that's the 'plus' you get for free service ;). So the Mister is satisfied and I don't have hair scattered all over the place - parfait!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew guys were meant to throw the trashes out and knew some women had in mind to 'throw' their guys away like old tissues... mine did it and only after 3 years of wedding!! (hehe !!)

Julie said...

that's not true!.. I did that after the first year... tch, tch.. you're getting old, chéri.. you're forgetting things ;)