Tuesday, March 07, 2006

zapping away

Eversince we got the cable, we've been watching good movies almost daily and the best part is that we now have the option to watch the movies in their original version and also the option to turn on the subtitles, which for the moment is available only in French. I've always preferred my movies in their original version with subtitles on (of course) if it's foreign. Imagine watching a Hindustan film 'baptized' in French.. SO wrong! Speaking of which, the movie "Lagaan" was aired on the cable not that far back.. that was the second time I saw a Hindustan movie on French tv.

So now I really get to enjoy my Hollywood movies.. and with the subtitles on, I improve my French at the same time. Before, I had no choice whatsoever as every single programme on the national tv is French-dubbed and I had to 'irritate' my hubby (a lot) by constantly asking him to translate what was being said. Now though, I can understand 92.51% of what's being said on tv if I listen to it attentively.

Well we seldom turn on the national tv now that we have the cable and with over 200 channels available, there's no reason to.

2 comments:

eclectic said...

Waaa cousin,

Dah berabuk speaking french la nie.Betul nyer specific tu statistic..hhee.Ada log book eh..

Haciter hindustan dah dapat tengok, tak lama lagi mesti dia mainkan citer p ramlee...

eclectic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.