Monday, January 14, 2008

my first outing...

...was a cool one. Yep, Naila had her first trip downtown yesterday. The weather was fine and the temperature was merciful. We didn't know that the winter sales came earlier this year and weren't expecting much crowd but the stores were thick with people. So we didn't linger for long to minimize the risk of the baby catching any microbes running wild in the air.

Well the purpose of our trip downtown was to get a girdle for meself. While I'm in no hurry to shed the excess weight I've put on, I'd like to get a grip on my tummy before gravity pulls it down till the point of no return. I do hope though that I'll drop down to my pre-pregnancy weight within a couple of months. Lets see.. total weight gain during pregnancy was 14 kg which wasn't that far off from the recommended weight gain. I've lost 8 kg after the birth which leaves me 6 extra kilos to burn... and this will be the good time to pump back some life into the stepper which has been long ignored and forgotten.. hee

So our baby turns 1 month today and she has been a constant joy to us. One month into parenthood and we're coping pretty well though there were some hiccups along the way but we've ironed that out. The hardest for me I guess, is the lack of sleep... lack of sleep plus crying baby makes Julie a tired and crabby mama. Hubby helps a lot around the apartment.. in fact, he does most of the cleaning while I deal with the laundry and cooking - I have to resume cooking now cause we couldn't eat from the box all the time. So my days are pretty occupied.. no more long hours on the computer and no more video games! (for now :)

Happy 1 month petite princesse! We love you so!

Oh, we let Naila explore her playgym for the first time today and she loves it!

No comments: