Well, you make it yourself! And that's what I did yesterday - from dough-making right till the finish product. Tiring?-yes. Worth it?-oh yes! But as much as I am pleased by the sense of accomplishment, I'll be the first to make a beeline for the halal pizzeria if ever one exists here. I don't think I'll be making a feast like this one again anytime soon. Too much work, too much time needed. But at least the pizza will last us a few meals.
One of the things I miss about Singapore is its diverse food and the abundance of halal eateries.. you can find anything and everything there. Well I guess I've tamed my Melayu palate down a few notches over the years and make do with what I can find and cook here. But that doesn't mean my kitchen is void of Malay dishes.. when there's a will, there's always a way. And just recently, I willed myself to make satay goreng & the works, chicken porridge, chicken cook red.. albeit with some ingredients missing but they turned out just fine. When you're in my situation and lacking in some ingredients, you just have to improvise.
I love cooking and trying out new recipes but there are days when you just wanna hang the apron and sit back (especially now, with double body, y'know).. and on days like these, I wish we're in Singapore where we can just drop by the nearest hawker center and buy takeouts.. ah, to be in the face of convenience...
the fruit of my labour - barbecue hawaiian pizza (made with halal chorizo.. yum)

1 comment:
...lots of nostalgy from my dearest Sweetheart in this comment...Don't worry,Sweetie,we're moving to Singapore asap (the latest will be in the second trimester 2008 (as soon as the baby will be able to fly)). I promised you this and it'll come true soon for sure!
Your happiness is my top priority!
I also miss the team and the city. I can't wait to do things all together.
It's difficult to your family to come to France every now and then...no problemo...let's go to Singapore...that way no excuse to not come and see us!! hehe!!
Hang on a bit more until the D-day comes...
By the way,your pizzas were delicious.My stomach is pleased with a chef like you!
I can help you more to make things easier for you. Don't hesitate to ask anytime you need,hubbies are made for that! (and not only to throw the stinky trashes out!!!!). ;-)
Love kisses...
Post a Comment