It all started in a Parisian Greek restaurant. Hubby had a love affair with a Greek goddess.. er, sandwich, he'd eaten there and wanted me to replicate it at home. Sure. So I searched the net for the recipe. Didn't know what to look for exactly but found a fairly easy Greek chicken recipe instead. Tried my hand at it.. can't say it's the exact replica of the Paris's version but it was good nonetheless. I made ciabatta sandwich out of the chicken. It was quite a hassle to eat it, so I improvise the second time I cooked the chicken, and made it into a salad instead. And it has become a cult dish for hubby since. He likes it so much that he said, and I quote, "I can even eat it for breakfast" (haral kami).
sandwich vs salad
All you need here is skinless chicken legs marinated in lemon juice,
herbes de provence (mixture of rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano), olive oil and minced garlic. Leave it to marinate for an hour or so and it's ready to be pan-fried. Once the chicken has cooked through, shred it, put it back in the pan and pour the rest of the marinade and let it sizzle. I like to add some chilli flakes at this stage to give it an added kick. Remove the pan from the heat, cool it down a little before mixing it with the salad, cherry tomatoes and cut-up ciabatta which I made into croutons. Give it a good mix, drizzle a little more olive oil if it's too dry, sprinkle some salt and it's good to go.
Bon appétit!
before & after
1 comment:
My favourite... aah!!! I just see one word to describe this dish:'Yummy!!!'
You cook it the right way Sweetie,it's simply divine!
hum...just to know...stay some yesterday's leftovers??
Congrats,chef!
Post a Comment