Sunday, February 11, 2007

a tutelage & 5 new posessions

His name is Gaspard (go ahead and laugh.. I did when I first heard it :D)... he's 18 and he's my (our) first ever 'student'. Let me explain... well hubby's colleague asked if I could help her son in his English since his level is below average and that he'll be taking his A levels next year (this was asked before we went for our Singapore vacation). I was pretty hesitant in the beginning since I've never taught/tutored anybody in my life before and have no idea how to teach. But after toying with the idea a little longer, I decided to give it a go and see how things will evolve.

So we had our first session today and it went pretty well I'd say, albeit with an awkward start. Well he seems earnest and willing to learn and try to improve his English.. and that's a good sign. We've arranged for a twice a week session, so we'll see how it goes.

After we're done playing teacher, we headed downtown to scour for some good bargains and we did buy some stuff (mainly for moi). The winter sales is wrapping up its round this weekend so it's the best time to shop since they're making sales on top of sales. So I got myself another coat (again?!), a couple of wrap scarves and a couple pair of shoes... c'est trop, c'est trop!* But they were really good buys though, so I thank my dearest hubby for all that... I'm being dangerously spoilt here! Ok, no more shopping for me until maybe the next sales :P


* it's too much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always a great pleasure to buy good things to my wonderful wife.

You desserve so much, Sweetie!

...and...it's just a beginning... more will come in the future!

With love,

Hubby