Sunday, November 26, 2006
buon appetito!
I've been wanting to eat risotto fait maison (homemade) for the longest time and I've finally snapped out of that hankering mode, bought the right ingredients, put on the toque and worked the kitchen.
Since I'm feeling Italian-ish today, I went all out and did the full spread. I started with an antipasto platter, followed by creamy-licious risotto and a classic Italian dessert - the heavenly tiramisu. I've just found out that tiramisu means "pick me up" referring to the two caffeine-containing ingredients, espresso and cocoa.. very apt. And making your own tiramisu is much easier than I thought - you just need the right ingredients and a light hand.
I'm really thrilled with the outcome of my cooking. I love trying different kinds of food and I think when you make it with your own hands, you'll appreciate the food much better.. and not to mention the satisfaction you'll get when the food turns out looking good and tasty.
What could be more better than having an Italian dining-in with the company of Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou and Jean Reno on a frosty autumn evening...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment