Human beings are most often than not, a complaining lot, aren't we? See, not that far back, I was harping about the glacial weather we had then.. now, I'm griping about the broiling heat that is enveloping us at the moment. We're already in the core of summer. The temperature reach 36°C and it goes up until 38°C in other parts of France. We're constantly drenched in sweat and living right under the roof puts us at a greater disadvantage during these canicular days. It really feels like we're literally being baked in here. Adding to the fact that our apartment is positioned in such a way that it receives abundant sun rays both in the morning and afternoon, makes it much more unbearable. We've been gushing gallons of water down our throats and the fan is on 24/7.I think the best place to be right now is the cold section in the hypermarkets.. most stores and cafes here are not air-conditioned so the idea of taking refuge there is not especially inviting.
Does this mean that I wish for the cold weather to return?.. well not particularly.. just those period around mid-spring would be perfect... aahhh what we'd give for a dip in cool water this very moment!

No comments:
Post a Comment